Thursday, January 20, 2011
I made one of these bookmarks last year for a Project Tuesday challenge, but recently lost it :( So, I've finally gotten around to making another and thought I'd share the instructions. These are super simple & quick to create. They'd be a great "giftie" for the avid reader in your life!
1. Mark the center of three sides of a 4 x 4" cardstock square.
2. Place cardstock square on your paper trimmer so two of the marked spots are aligned in the cutting groove and score with stylus.
3. Line up the other two markings creating another diagonal score.
4. Prefold your score lines.
5. Using a border punch, add a decorative border to the unscored side.
6. Line up a 2 3/4 x 2 3/4" pattern paper square diagonally in your paper trimmer & cut the square in half. You will need both triangles.
7. Attach one of the triangles on the front of the bookmark and embellish as desired.
8. Turn the bookmark over, fold corners in and apply Tacky Tape over them.
9. Adhere second triangle over the flaps.
10. Now go READ something and use your new uber cool bookmark!!! :)