Sunday, May 16, 2010

Quilted Scrapbooks...an oldie but a goodie!




The Pink Elephant has scrapbook challenges now...HOORAY! This week is a color challenge...PINK! If you are in need of some inspiration, check it out...the artwork there is amazing!!!

I decided to challenge myself a bit today as well. I need to start using some things in my scrapbook room that have been just sittin around collecting dust. You KWIM...the supplies you bought years ago before scrapbooking became so popular and you look at them now and sorta cringe LOL

Among my MANY resource books, I had tucked away "Quilted Scrapbooks" by Memory Makers. It features layouts that were inspired by, you guessed it... quilts. I've NEVER used it...until now that is :) The pattern is patchwork and incorporates paper folding. There are 2 types of folds...the Triangle Fold to make the flowers and the Kite Fold for the corner accents. Very simple to do and adds nice dimension to the page.

The pattern papers are from DCWV and just one big stack of many that I own. I'll prolly NEVER go through all the paper I have, and yet I still want more!!! LOL Thanks for looking :)

4 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful!!! I love the quilted look and those paper folded flowers and corners are absolutely amazing!!!! And the photos are adorable!!! Thanks for sharing and for playing along with us over at TPE!!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet layout, love the folded flowers. Thanks for joining our scrap challenge this week at TPE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilted look is perfect for this page! Love those flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
01 09 10