Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Just Beachy Paper Bag Album

Here is a paper bag album with a twist that I taught my workshop ladies last month. I designed it to look like a beach tote. Wanna make your own mini album using ordinary lunch bags? Here's how :~) Note*You need to make a couple of adjustments to each bag in the album so that the openings are on the side, not the bottom, when the album is standing.

1. First, fold 3 paper bags in half.

2. Open up each bag and using scissors, cut out the gutter part on both sides of the bag to the fold line. This will allow your tags to slide in and out much easier.

3. Flatten the bag and place adhesive along the bottom and left side only, forming a pocket on the right.

4. Lay the bags on top of each other alternating the ends and then fold in half.

5. I found it easiest to first assemble and embellish all my pages (including front and back covers), THEN attach them in the album. Be generous with your adhesive!


6. To bind the album, I simply punched holes and set eyelets with my crop-a-dile to thread my tote strap (ribbon) through. Tip: Restrict binding to within 1/4 inch at the top to keep artwork free from holes and make page flipping easier.


Thanks for visiting, and if you make one, be sure to send me a link so I can view your fabulous creation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
01 09 10